calm breeze

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The LORD says:

Discipline is never wanted in the heat
of the moment but later is a well-spring
of life for those who learn from their
mistakes. They can look back and see
that they were spared from more pain
and heartache when they received My
discipline in their lives and turned
from their sinful ways. The way to
life is to walk in obedience. A
father doesn't discipline a child he
doesn't love. I love you enough to
discipline you when you are headed in
a wrong direction. I want to bring you
back to the direction I am leading you
in. My path leads to life. Stay close
to Me and I will protect you.

Hebrews 12:10-11
"Our fathers disciplined us for a little
while as they thought best; but God
disciplines us for our good, that we
may share in his holiness. No discipline
seems pleasant at the time, but painful.
Later on, however, it produces a harvest
of righteousness and peace for those who
have been trained by it."

No comments:

Post a Comment